Friday, 31 July 2009

Catching up

It took a while but we did eventually get back to Brinklow Marina yesterday afternoon. Nothing particularly notable happened on the way. Tuesday ended up being quite a short day as we got to Sutton’s Stop in time for coffee which ended up dragging on into lunch. Eventually it ended up dragging on to mid afternoon and I decided to stay there overnight and then decide whether to make a quick trip into Coventry the next day.

As the rain was hammering down when I woke, and continued pretty much constantly throughout the day, there didn’t seem to be much point in doing anything.

It was better, if a bit breezy, yesterday so we headed home. Since then I have just been catching up with housework and other little jobs.

Unusually I also know when and where we will be heading for our next boat trip. When I was up on the Ashby I dropped in at the Ashby Canal Centre to enquire about the availability of their slipway. I’ve come to the conclusion that I can’t really afford a full repaint at the moment, but it’s important to ensure the hull is well protected so I want to redo the blacking. The slipway was fully booked at that time, but a cancellation means that I can get the boat out of the water next week.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.